This post was not created in conjunction with any official pro-choice organization, although the information listed below IS pro-choice.
Ongoing List of Events Across the Country - please feel free to contact me if any additions or changes need to be made.
Where to Watch the 2nd Special Session
- Texas Tribune website link
- Texas House live stream
- Texas Senate live stream - Watch the Senate debate of HB2 on Friday, 7/12 @ 2pm CDT.
Texas Legislature Rules
Bills in Question
- HB2 - Authored by Jodie Laubenberg. Full text at this link (select which format to download).
- SB1 - Authored by Glenn Hegar. Full text at this link (select which format to download).
- SB9 - Authored by Dan Patrick. Full text at this link (select which format to download).
Special Session Explanations & FAQ
- Friday, 7/12 at Texas State Capitol - Senate Debate (via Jessica Luther)
- SB1 Resource Post: Staying Safe & Meeting our Goals (via Austin NOW)
- Texas Politics: Special Session Logistics (via Alexis Kostun)
- What You Can Do to Support the Texas Feminist Army (via Austin NOW)
Contact Info, etc. For Texas Legislature Members
- At the Capitol? Find your legislator's office! (via Texas Tribune)
- Twitter Handles for Many TxLege Members (via Texas Tribune) (note: not all members have Twitter accounts.
- List of Texas House Members (via Texas Legislature Online)
- List of Texas Senate Members (via Texas Legislature Online)
Contact Info for Media and Public Figures
- Media & Public Figure Twitter Handles (via Virginia aka tootwistedtv)
- Rio Grande Valley Media / Medios de Communicación en Español (via Alexis Kostun & Nancy Cardenas)
Food, Rides, Accommodations, etc.
- Need to arrange a ride share or accommodations? (FB group)
- Donate to the "Food Fund" for protestors (via RH Reality Check - not necessary at all events, so please check beforehand!)
People with Disabilities (PWD)
Need an Orange Shirt?
- If you are a PWD at the Capitol, please keep me informed on accessibility issues. Due to a fibro flare, I am live-streaming and live-tweeting from home, so I don't have this first-hand knowledge.
- You can share your story about how this legislation will affect you by emailing occupywheelchair(at)gmail(dot)com. These stories will be shared on a PERSONAL live stream, and I will share the link once I get it!
Need an Orange Shirt?
- Check out Austin NOW's post about halfway down for info on who's selling/donating!