Saturday, July 28, 2012

Let It Go: A True Story of Tragedy & Forgiveness


  • Name: Let it Go: A True Story of Tragedy & Forgiveness
  • Author: Chris Williams
  • ISBN: 9781609071271
  • Genre: Memoir
  • Publisher: Deseret Book Company
  • Publication/Expected Publication: July 30, 2012


If you are not a Christian, this book will probably not interest you.  The author is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  When tragedy strikes his family (in the form of a drunk driving accident), he depends on his faith in God to see him through those trying times.


It was hard for me to enjoy the book because it was so laden with Christian and LDS terminology and sentiments.  Nearly every page credited the author's Savior with feeling the need to connect with so and so, or to talk to his son about such and such, or write his thoughts about a certain topic.  I respect people's religions, and I admire what the author has had to overcome; however, I must admit that if this had been marked as "Christian" in Netgalley, I probably would not have requested it.

**Please note that I did receive a free copy of this book via Netgalley.**

No comments:

Post a Comment